Valory Anne S. Vailoces
Executive Officer of External Affairs
- Undergrad: LEAD Scholar, Burnett Medical Scholar, Biomedical Sciences, B.S., University of Central Florida, Class of 2021
- Current Institution: George Washington School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Class of 2025
- CGI U 2020 Team Leader for Hearts for the Homeless International
- I began as an External Affairs director in the Midwest, crafting research reports on potential university partners. I then worked as the Regional Director of Midwest External Affairs, supervising the growth of our Midwest chapters. As the Officer of External Affairs, I aided my team in mentoring our chapters across the United States. In my current role as the Executive Officer of External Affairs, I work alongside amazing officers and directors to empower local students across the globe to take action in their own communities and care for the underserved.
- I was drawn to Hearts for the Homeless because its founders and members are some of the most self-driven people I have ever met. As students, it is easy to believe that you are not capable of enacting change, but my H4H colleagues have never stepped down from a challenge, no matter how daunting. Bonded through our compassion for our communities, I firmly believe that we can improve healthcare for the underserved.
- I am currently training to become a physician and hope to continue my work with Hearts for the Homeless, using my medical education to further our mission.